Illustrator for Beginners (Part 2): Grouping & Aligning Objects
If you haven’t yet, watch Illustrator Illustrator for Beginners Part 1 first.
Some of the tricks in this video may seem basic or unnecessary, but as you start creating more complex artwork in Illustrator, these fundamentals will prove invaluable for your fashion designs.
In this tutorial, you will learn:
- 01:15 How (and why) to group objects in Illustrator
- 02:45 How to turn Smart Guides on (and why you want to use them)
- 03:27 How to align objects with Smart Guides
- 04:06 How to align objects with the Align Panel (and understand how the align panel works)
- 05:17 How to ungroup objects or access objects inside a group using Isolation Mode
- 08:23 Why you must group objects to align them