How to Create a Repeating Pattern Swatch from an Image
This quick tutorial will show you how to take any image (from the internet, a photo, or a scan), crop it in Photoshop and turn it into a repeating pattern swatch in Adobe Illustrator.
You will learn:
- 00:29 How to crop the image in Photoshop to create one repeat tile
- 03:07 How to quickly copy your artwork from Photoshop to Illustrator
- 04:00 How to get an image from your computer into Illustrator
- 04:35 How to tell the difference between embedded and linked images in Illustrator and why one of them won’t work to make a repeating pattern
- 06:40 How to turn your image into a pattern swatch in Illustrator
Get all 37 step by step AI tutorials (just for fashion) plus the bonus templates so you can stop screaming at Illustrator and get ahead in this cutthroat industry 🤩
Drop your info below for a free copy of my book so you can cut your design time in half 👇
By signing up, you’ll get access to weekly emails with free tutorials, templates and occasional offers.