How to Create a Repeating Pattern Swatch from an Image
This quick tutorial will show you how to take any image (from the internet, a photo, or a scan), crop it in Photoshop and turn it into a repeating pattern swatch in Adobe Illustrator.
You will learn:
- 00:29 How to crop the image in Photoshop to create one repeat tile
- 03:07 How to quickly copy your artwork from Photoshop to Illustrator
- 04:00 How to get an image from your computer into Illustrator
- 04:35 How to tell the difference between embedded and linked images in Illustrator and why one of them won’t work to make a repeating pattern
- 06:40 How to turn your image into a pattern swatch in Illustrator