How do I know What Pantone book to use?
If you work in fashion, you have to use Pantone colors. But how do you know what colors to use? And what’s the difference between TCX & TPX codes? This video will tell you what you need to know.
You will learn:
- 00:13 What are Pantone colors and how do they work? What industries use them?
Why do I need to use them?
- 00:58 The Pantone Color Bridge book to compare Pantone to CMYK colors
- 01:50 The difference between Pantone TCX vs TPX codes (and how much these little books cost!)
- 02:20 The Pantone Textile Color Specifier (TPX) vs The Pantone Cotton Passport (TCX) and the pros and cons of each
- 04:21 How the colors are organized in each book, how to find the color you need, and how do the TCX colors compare to the TPX colors (hint: you may not be impressed!)
- 05:10 If you could only have one Pantone book for fashion, which one should you get?
- 06:00 How to use Pantone colors in Illustrator? Check out this tutorial.
- 07:00 What to do if you’re not sure what color standards you need to use.