If you’re not a good hand sketcher and can’t draw from your head (like me), you may need to trace a photo. This tutorial will show you how to trace a photo of a garment being worn by a person.
You will learn:
- 00:32 Using the layers panel to organize your file and keep your photo and sketch separate
- 01:03 How to sketch your garment with the Pen Tool
- 04:08 How to make sure you close your path with the Pen Tool
- 05:04 How to draw with the Pencil Tool to create organic shapes and paths
- 07:45 How to copy paths to draw perfectly parallel seam / stitch lines
- 10:00 How to use brushes to create highlight / lowlights
- 11:00 How to emulate stitch / seam lines with dashed strokes
- 11:57 How to use the eye dropper to pick up attributes of other artwork
Questions or tutorial ideas? Put them below in the comments!