How to Spec Full Scale Artwork in Illustrator with Astute Graphics VectorScribe
July 19, 2017
Designers ask me all the time, “do I have to tell my factory how big the design is or where it should be printed?” And the answer is YES!
It’s a requirement if you want to get your product made right.
But speccing full scale art in AI is tedious. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how the Dynamic Measure tool in Astute Graphics VectorScribe plugin works and how you can use it to spec your fashion designs.
In the video, you will learn:
- 01:22 How to spec full scale artwork with measurements using native Illustrator tools
- 03:55 How to spec full scale artwork with measurements using Dynamic Measure (hint: it’s much easier!)
- 05:39 How to change the unit of measure and scale ratio for your artwork
- 06:03 How to convert measurements to artwork you can edit
- 06:45 How to customize the arrows for your callouts