How to move and scale patterns in illustrator
It’s simple to resize / move / transform patterns inside objects in Illustrator – and this video will show you how.
You will learn:
- 00:19 What is an engineered pattern in fashion?
- 01:20 How to place a repeating pattern swatch on the chest of your fashion flat by drawing it manually or using a clipping mask
- 03:18 How to add a fill color / stroke back to your clipping mask shape
- 04:19 How to change the size / scale of a repeating pattern swatch inside your fashion sketch
- 04:50 How to debug when your pattern is not scaling
- 06:18 How to move the position of your repeating pattern inside your illustration
- 07:10 Keyboard shortcuts (the Tilde key) to scale or move patterns without scaling / moving the object they fill
- 07:33 Keyboard shortcuts for German keyboards that don’t have the Tilde key