How to Make a Lace Pattern in Illustrator (& Photoshop)
April 19, 2017
Using photoshop & Illustrator, we’ll create a see through / transparent lace repeating pattern swatch and apply it to our bra fashion flat sketch.
You will learn:
- 00:37 How to crop one repeat of your lace pattern in Photoshop
- 01:20 How to make sure the edges of your repeat tile will seam up smoothly
- 02:11 How to fix the edges of your tile for a clean repeat with the Clone Stamp tool
- 03:02 How to remove the white background from your lace swatch so it’s see through
- 04:38 How to bring your lace from Photoshop into Illustrator
- 05:08 How to turn your lace pattern into a repeating pattern swatch in Illustrator
- 05:28 How to add multiple fills to one object (e.g. a solid color + the lace pattern on top)
- 06:12 How to change the size of the lace pattern inside your fashion flat sketch
Questions or tutorial ideas? Put them below in the comments!