How to Create Fashion Flats with Smooth Curves in Illustrator
You know that pesky little V or butt shape that appears in your hem lines, neck lines, or other curves in your fashion flat sketches? Let’s get rid of it!
In this video, you will learn:
- 01:14 How the “v” happens at your center front neckline or hemline
- 01:45 How to reflect half the fashion flat along the center front
- 02:50 How to draw the neckline or hemline of your fashion sketch to avoid getting the “v”
- 03:58 How to join anchor points along the center front of your fashion flat sketch
- 04:10 Use the Anchor Point Tool in Illustrator to create perfectly rounded curves
- 05:07 Troubleshooting when the curve doesn’t work (hint: you have too many anchor points!)
Get all 37 step by step AI tutorials (just for fashion) plus the bonus templates so you can stop screaming at Illustrator and get ahead in this cutthroat industry 🤩
Drop your info below for a free copy of my book so you can cut your design time in half 👇
By signing up, you’ll get access to weekly emails with free tutorials, templates and occasional offers.