How to Add Arrow Callouts to your Fashion Tech Sketch in Adobe Illustrator
After you sketch your fashion flats, you need to turn them into tech sketches to spec out all the details.
In this video tutorial, we’ll use the Graphic Styles feature in Adobe Illustrator to create custom arrowheads for all the construction and detail callouts in your design.
I’ll also show you how to save these arrowheads and use them over in every single fashion design tech sketch, tech pack or spec sheet you create.
You will learn:
- 00:10 How to use layers to organize your tech sketch
- 00:26 How to draw arrows with the Pen Tool and the Stroke panel
- 01:09 How to switch the arrowhead from one side to the other
- 01:20 How to turn your arrowhead into a Graphic Style that you can use over and over
- 03:50 How to save your Graphic Styles to load in other Illustrator files
- 04:42 Other ways you can use Graphic Styles in your fashion flat sketches