In this episode I’m chatting with Shilpa, founder of Nayali, an activewear brand for women bra size “D-cup & Up”. Shilpa spent over a decade working for huge brands like Conde Nast, Fubu, and Gap. She took all her experience, quit her job, and went to Bali to do a solo label. A year and a half later after some big mistakes and a lot of tears, she launched her brand, Nayali. This is her story, her lessons learned, and her advice to others starting a brand.
You’re busy! Whether you’re growing your career or launching your own brand, here are the top 10 Successful Fashion Designer podcast episodes (just for you). 🤩
Drop your info below for instant access 👇
By signing up, you’ll get access to weekly emails with free tutorials, templates and occasional offers.
You will learn:
- The importance of capturing your customer with a solution to their problem
- How to tighten your assortment (and the dangers of offering too many skus)
- The etiquette of working with factories in different countries
- How to push your factories to get your product made the right way
- Why it’s safe to stick with what you know at the beginning, and worry about growth later
- The pros of getting really specific with your collection
- The benefits of getting help from others and why you shouldn’t do this alone
- How to convince a factory to take your order – even if it doesn’t meet their minimums
- Why you have to speak up to not be taken advantage of
- The parts of the process you should do locally, and what you can source overseas
Guest Info & Resources:
Enjoy the show? You can help us out by:
Looking for more resources?