There are a lot of variables to consider to plan a fashion photoshoot. And in this interview, fashion photographer Kristen Walther and I cover all of them. From casting models to getting the right hair and makeup, and finding a perfect location to planning for a smooth day, we go through the entire photoshoot process, step by step.
You’ll love her light hearted nature and will get a good laugh from her photoshoot horror stories (think braces!).
In our interview, we discuss:
- The importance of casting models in real life
- The one and only place you can cut corners if you’re on a tight budget
- How to coordinate and plan for a successful shoot
- Simple things you can do to get the most shots done in a day
- The difference between a look book and campaign shoot, and what to expect from each
- Why she cringes at the phrase “we’ll just Photoshop it”
- Why getting an experienced model can make or break your shoot
- When you need to get a permit (and how much you should budget)
Guest Info & Resources
Enjoy the show?
Help us out by:
Save this “How to Plan a Fashion Photoshoot” episode to Pinterest so you can find it later: