When most people think about working in fashion, all they think about is being a designer. But did you know there are a lot of other really cool jobs out there in fashion? And a lot of the time, these jobs are less competitive than being a designer (but still as creative and fun!).
You can go it alone 😬, OR get real life advice from mothers, students, and regular people (just like YOU) who made fashion pay the bills 🤩
Drop your info below for a free copy of my book to help land your dream job now 👇
By signing up, you’ll get access to weekly emails with free tutorials, templates and occasional offers.
Aileen Coyle is a perfect example of someone who decided to explore opportunities outside of “designer”. She now works as a pattern maker in LA. At first, she was set on being a designer to use her creativity. But after getting her feet wet as a pattern maker, she realized it was just as creative and that she really loved it.
In the interview, Aileen and I discuss:
- Why she loves her pattern maker career more than being a designer
- How her German education set her up for success (hint: their system is really different than the US)
- Why she keeps in touch with past coworkers, bosses and industry friends (hint: it’s how she’s found most of her jobs)
- What she didn’t love about working in fast fashion
- How she’s grown her career and worked her way up in the industry by networking
- The different job opportunities and responsibilities for pattern makers
Guest Info & Resources
Enjoy the show?
Help us out by:
Save this “Why Choose a Career as a Pattern Maker” episode to Pinterest so you can find it later: