In this episode I’m chatting with Abbie Ellis, co-founder of Stitch Method – a Chicago fashion agency that helps you DEFINE your market, DEVELOP your product and DELIVER it to your customers. In the interview, she walks through a step by step overview of the production process, how to work backwards from costing and budgeting to design, and why a tech pack is essential for every product, no matter how simple or where you’re manufacturing.
You will learn:
- How long it takes to go from idea to production (hint: it’s longer than you think!)
- How much you should budget to get your design into production
- How to know whether you should manufacture overseas or locally
- A step by step walk through of the production process from start to finish
- Why your factory is one of your most valuable resources
- How to work backwards from costing and budgeting to design
- The value of thinking bigger picture and creating long term goals
Guest Info & Resources:
Enjoy the show? You can help us out by:
Looking for more resources?