Having a job as a fashion designer and working in the fashion industry seems glamorous and creative. But to be honest, it isn’t always that way. Most people don’t talk about this publicly, but Emily Keller is different. Which is why I knew I had to invite her on the show. In this episode, Emily shares her experience working as an employee the perception of working as a designer versus the reality, how to figure out if pursuing fashion as a second career is right for you, and the often limited creativity you’ll actually use in your job.
You will learn:
- The difference between what you think working in the fashion industry is like and what it really is
- How creative you really get to be as a designer
- Pros and cons of working for big runway brands versus smaller lesser known brands
- The perception of working in fashion versus the reality
- Tips on pursuing fashion as a second career
- How to understand what you’re really getting into when you go into fashion
- Why fashion designers don’t dress well
Guest Info & Resources:
Enjoy the show? You can help us out by:
Save this Working in the Fashion Industry episode to Pinterest so you can find it later:
Looking for more resources?