Having a job as a fashion designer seems glamorous and creative. But to be honest, it isn’t always that way. Most people don’t talk about this publicly, but Emily Keller is different. Which is why I knew I had to invite her on the show. In this episode, Emily shares her experience working as an employee the perception of working as a designer versus the reality, how to figure out if pursuing fashion as a second career is right for you, and the often limited creativity you’ll actually use in your job.
You will learn:
- The difference between what you think a fashion designer does and what they really do
- How creative you really get to be as a designer
- Pros and cons of working for big runway brands versus smaller lesser known brands
- The perception of working in fashion versus the reality
- Tips on pursuing fashion as a second career
- How to understand what you’re really getting into when you go into fashion
- Why fashion designers don’t dress well
Guest Info & Resources:
Enjoy the show? You can help us out by:
Looking for more resources?