Billie Whitehouse has been called the Elon Musk of Fashion. In just 4 1/2 years, she’s launched multiple successful wearable tech products. Her most recent, Nadi X, is a line of activated yoga apparel that listens & responds to your body. In the interview, Billie shares her valuable lessons learned about getting funding, advice for growing your circle of friends to help support you during your ventures, and how to create a product that your customer loves.
You will learn:
- How to know when you’re ready to go after funding
- Why you’ll probably get rejected 100+ times (and that’s ok)
- Why you should become friends with your competition
- How to get over the dirty “networking” word
- Why you need to put your customer, not yourself, first
- The difference between emotional vs quantifiable data in fashion tech, and which direction we’re moving towards
- The importance of creating experiences for people through the clothes they wear
- Why you should look at yourself as a designer of the future
- Where fashion tech is heading and why you can’t ignore it
Guest Info & Resources:
Enjoy the show? You can help us out by:
Looking for more resources?