Jay is your absolute one stop shop for sourcing anything and everything you need to make your product, including fabrics, trims, hangtags, labels and so much more. In this interview, Jay shares why indie designers are seeing more success now than they were 5 years ago, what materials you can cut costs on and where you may want to spend a little more, and why buying from NYC’s garment district is the biggest mistake most designers make.
You will learn:
- The different supplier tiers: retail, jobber, fabric importer, converter and mill
- Why you need to be really careful buying from a jobber
- The challenges of sourcing fabric in the NYC garment district
- Why independent designers are seeing greater success now than 5 years ago
- The importance of continuity in the supplies you source
- Why logistically it’s more expensive to do small batch production overseas than locally
- What materials you can cut corners and costs on, and what ones you don’t want to
Guest Info & Resources:
Enjoy the show? You can help us out by:
Looking for more resources?