In this episode I’m chatting with Danielle Meder who’s had a 10 year career as a professional fashion illustrator. She’s done live runway sketching at fashion weeks worldwide has a book called Draw Fashion now. Danielle shares how she broke past her fears of approaching people at events, how improving her appearance increased her success, and how she estimates and prices her freelance work to make sure she doesn’t leave any money on the table.
You will learn:
- Breaking out of your shell and getting past fears of approaching people you want to work with
- How your appearance affects your success
- The “sex and cash theory” for jobs and why you need a balance
- How to estimate project fees and knowing when to pad your price
- Playing the pricing game with clients to make sure you’re not leaving money on the table
- What Danielle’s up to next now that she’s done knocking on fashion’s door
Guest Info & Resources:
Enjoy the show? You can help us out by:
Looking for more resources?