Dior Bediako founded Pepper Your Talk out of personal frustration. As a young designer beginning her career in fashion, she realized there was little to no support available for designers to work they way up from an entry level job. In her own words, PYT is that friend that will: (a) steal all the unanswered fashion questions from your head (b) ANSWER THEM with the help of our cheeky industry connections (c) Make you laugh (when you want to cry) throughout the process of navigating the career cross-roads. In our interview, she delivers on all of these things!
You will learn:
- How to tailor your resume / CV towards fashion jobs even if you have no experience
- How to write a cover letter / introduction that gets noticed
- What you can do to be prepared for an interview, and how to decrease your anxiety
- Why you must have an opinion, even if everyone doesn’t agree
- How to add value to your team and get noticed in your company
- Why you should always be thinking about what’s next in your career
- Why it’s ok not to know everything
- The number one question you should ask in every interview
- How to follow up and get feedback when you don’t get the job
- What to do when you resume goes into a black hole
Guest Info & Resources:
Enjoy the show? You can help us out by:
Looking for more resources?